This website is part of the M.A.D. Investment Solutions Network.
Mongolia News / Others / June 15, 2016

EBRD mulls USD 25 m loan for wind park in Mongolia

Share on Pinterest
Share with your friends










Submit

The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is looking at providing a senior secured loan of up to USD 25 million (EUR 22.2m) to finance a 50-MW solar park in Mongolia, the seenews.com website published Monday.

Clean Energy Asia LLC’s Tsetsii project, worth USD 120 million, is located in the Tsogttsetsii soum of Omnogobi aimag, the southern parts of the Gobi desert.

EBRD will co-finance the project alongside the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). In addition, the Japanese government will allocate a USD-746,125 grant under its Japan-EBRD Cooperation Fund for the upgrade of state-owned National Transmission Power Grid (NPTG) company’s existing Tavan Tolgoi substation.

The borrower is a special purpose company, in which domestic telecommunications, property and energy conglomerate Newcom Group hold a 51% stake.  The remaining 49% is owned by SB Energy Corp — the renewables arm of Japanese telecommunications and technology major SoftBank Group Corp.

The plant will help diversify Mongolia’s coal-dependent power sector while offsetting as much as 230,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions annually.

SOURCE: Montsame




Previous Post
Cabinet approves draft Mongolia-Russia-China transport agreement
Next Post
Operation “Good Stock” begins




You might also like






More Story
Cabinet approves draft Mongolia-Russia-China transport agreement
Draft intergovernmental agreement on “Performing International Transports through Asian Road Network” between Governments...