This website is part of the M.A.D. Investment Solutions Network.
Featured News / Mining / Mongolia News / September 24, 2014

Turquoise Hill completes Mongolia mine feasibility study, confirms lower taxes

Share on Pinterest
Share with your friends










Submit
  • Turquoise Hill Resources (TRQ -1.3%) says it completed a feasibility study of a $4.9B expansion of its Oyu Tolgoi mine in Mongolia after confirming the government reduced taxes on the project.
  • The latest study will need to be approved by all the mine’s stakeholders before the project can proceed; Oyu Tolgoi is operated by Rio Tinto (RIO -2.8%) and 66% owned by TRQ with the remaining 34% held by the Mongolian government.
  • TRQ says the Mongolian tax authority reduced the initial tax-related charges to ~$30M from $127M but will seek further clarity about the latest findings.
SOURCE: Seeking Alpha




Previous Post
Mongolia’s Poorest Turn Garbage into Gold
Next Post
Mongolia's MIAT in bid to lure international partners




You might also like






More Story
Mongolia’s Poorest Turn Garbage into Gold
ULAANBAATAR, Sep 22 2014 (IPS) - Ulziikhutag Jigjid, 49, is a member of a 10-person group in the Khan-Uul district on the outskirts...